Reopening the river Frome for fish migration, in particular for the iconic Atlantic salmon.
· Reopen the river Frome for fish migration, in particular for the iconic Atlantic salmon
· Five fish pass projects on structures in the river
· Improve habitat and waterflow for a range of freshwater species
Project partners: Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Environment Agency
Funders: Gloucester Environment Trust, D’Oyly Carte Foundation, the Banister Charitable Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation, the Environment Agency and the European Regional Development Fund (Water Environment Grant)
Fish pass works:
· New bypass channel at Fromebridge Mill to allow fish to move upstream beyond the weir.
· A new fish pass installation at Whitminster Weir.
· The installation of a rock ramp at Arundel Mill Weir in Stroud