To reopen the river Frome for fish migration,in particular for the iconic Atlantic salmon
· Reopen the river Frome for fish migration,in particular for the iconic Atlantic salmon
· Five fish pass projects on structures inthe river
· Improve habitat and waterflow for a rangeof freshwater species
Project partners: Wildfowl and WetlandsTrust, Environment Agency
Funders: Gloucester Environment Trust, D’Oyly CarteFoundation, the Banister Charitable Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation, theEnvironment Agency and the European Regional Development Fund (Water Environment Grant)
Works Planned for 2021:
· New bypass channel at Fromebridge Mill toallow fish to move upstream beyond the weir.
· A new fish pass installation at Whitminster Weir.
· The installation of a rock ramp at ArundelMill Weir in Stroud