Working with over 350 landowners to provide advice and look at solutions to help reduce flooding downstream, delivering interventions to reduce flood risk, and engaging with local communities.
· Part of the wider Herefordshire Wye and Lugg Natural Flood Management scheme
· Working with landowners in priority areas in the county, to reduce local flooding and water quality issues
· Implement Natural Flood Management –numerous small upstream interventions that help slow the flow and hold backwater, reducing flooding downstream.
Project partners: Herefordshire Council(project lead) in partnership with the Environment Agency and other key delivery partners, including Severn Rivers Trust, Wye & Usk Foundation,Natural England, National Trust, National Farmers Union, Farm Herefordshire, Herefordshire Wildlife Trust and the Forestry Commission.
· Working with over 350 landowners to provide advice and look at solutions to help reduce flooding downstream.
· Delivery of over 50 interventions to reduce flood risk in the County.
· Engagement with 11 local communities to help monitor and communicate flood risk in the area.
For more information: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/roads-1/flooding/5