The Severn Rivers Trust are seeking new volunteers to join our Board of Trustees. We are particularly interested to recruit from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, so that we can widen the range of perspectives and different voices brought by trustees to our charity.
It is not a requirement to have a full working knowledge of rivers and river management, or previous experience in a leadership role – we hope that these things will become real by joining us and getting involved.However, we are looking for people who feel intrigued and excited by the possibility of becoming part of our organisation.
We have identified key areas where need more expertise,these are:
· Business and enterprise
· Primary and secondary school education
· Farming,land ownership and management
In addition to these areas, we welcome applications fromnon-specialists with an interest in river wildlife and ideas about engagingcommunities with their rivers.
Why volunteer as a trustee?
- Make a positive difference for the wildlife andcommunities of the Severn’s rivers
- Gain skills relevant to a range of careers –leadership, communication, strategic decision-making
- Offer challenge, scrutiny and support to drivethe Severn Rivers Trust’s next phase of development
Support we offer:
- Induction to help trustees understand more aboutSevern Rivers Trust and the specific roles and responsibilities of trusteeship
- Internal and external training required for therole, for example around Safeguarding, Health and Safety, or charity finances
- Expenses such as travel will be reimbursed
- 4 half day meetings per year. Some will be held online, but at least one will involve a site visit within the Severn Catchment to see our team in action where possible
- Time to prepare for meetings and provide feedback on papers
- The total time commitment of trusteeship is approximately 1 day per month
In order to reduce travel distances and ensure a good connection with the work of the trust we would prefer new trustees who livewithin the Severn catchment.
This is an excellent development opportunity which will giveyou insight into how our charity is run and allow you to make a real differenceto the wildlife and communities of the river Severn. Your questions and ideasare very welcome throughout the process. To request the role profile please send a message to email@example.com