CaSTCo Volunteer Representative
We have an exciting opportunity for two volunteers to join us on a water quality monitoring project in the Teme catchment to represent the voice of volunteers.
The Catchment Systems Thinking Cooperative (CaSTCo) project is a partnership project looking to revolutionise the way data on our water environment is gathered and shared. There are ten demonstration areas trailing different citizen science monitoring methods across the UK. In the Teme demo catchment Severn Rivers Trust (SRT) and Severn Trent (ST) are lead partners, with support from the Environment Agency (EA) and Natural Resources Wales(NRW). We are looking for two volunteer representatives to join us to help shape the monitoring programme, and ensure volunteers are effectively represented and considered.
Purpose of the role:
To support the development of the Teme demo by ensuring the volunteers voice is heard and considered in all aspects of planning and delivery.
Tasks likely to include:
· Attending demo meetings and site visits, including exchange visits to other demo areas/citizen science project areas.
· Helping test different citizen science monitoring methods and providing feedback.
· Liaising with project volunteers to understand their views and experiences.
· Assisting in the development of demo plans.
What’s in it for you?
· Opportunity to represent the voice of the volunteers on an innovative and exciting project.
· Opportunity to network and meet new people with a passion for monitoring and protecting the water environment.
· Ability to make a difference through helping shape the direction of water quality monitoring in the Teme catchment.
· Opportunity to feed into cutting edge citizen science project on a national scale.
It is anticipated that the time commitment for this role would be 1-2 days a month.
Based at home with occasional travel around the Teme catchment and beyond to exchange site visits.
Experience/Skills and attributes:
· Ability and willingness to use a range of communication methods, including online meeting apps.
· Excellent communication skills
· Interest and knowledge in current environmental issues.
· Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
How to apply:
For further information, or to discuss this role, please contact Alice Moore, Volunteering Officer, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07923220394.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com